Guide to Late Night Bites 2015
Our most popular posts on Kingstonist are often food related. We love our local food scene and, almost as much as we love to eat, we also love talking about food. Today’s post is yet another update to our Guide to Late Night Bites. Finding good food past 10pm can be challenging if you’re looking for anything other than fast food, but we do have a rather large number of locally owned restaurants that extend their hours to suit those who are craving a bite after a night out or after an late shift at work.
While there are plenty of fast food and other chain restaurants where you can grab a meal after 10pm, today’s guide is focusing on locally owned and operated bars, pubs and small walk-in restaurants. Enjoy!
- Ale House & Canteen (393 Princess St.): This student hub in the hub serves food until 2:30am every single night. Their menu of wraps, salads and sandwiches offers a healthy alternative to fast food joints in the area.
- Bubba’s (349 King St. and 401 Princess St.): This Kingston staple is beloved by students and locals alike. Get poutine, pizza, burgers and more until 2:30am Mon-Sat. and until 9pm on Sundays.
- El Asador (375 Princess St.): This unassuming little shop in the hub is a personal favourite that serves up curry wraps and burritos until 12am Sun-Tues and 3am Thurs-Sat. Closed on Wednesdays.
- Famous King (505 Princess St.): Serving up Lebanese dishes like shawarma and donair until 3am Thursday-Saturday.
- J.A.K.K. Tuesdays (642 Progress Ave.): You can enjoy a pretty straight up menu of pub fare until 11pm Mon-Thurs, 12am on Fridays and 11pm on Saturdays. They close at 6:30 on Sundays.
- MLT DWN (292 Princess St.): This new addition since our last guide offers a variety of delicious grilled cheese sandwiches as well as fries and desserts. They also now have a liquor license. Open until 10pm Mon-Thurs, 3am Fri and Sat and 9pm on Sunday.
- Mr. Donair (163 Division St.): Once known as Shawarma Shawarma, this establishment in the hub serves donair and falafel amongst other Lebanese dishes until 11pm Mon-Tues, 3am Wed-Sat and 9pm Sun.
- Raxx (665 Development Dr.): This township bar serves food every night until 11pm.
- Red House (369 King St. E and 629 Fortune Cres.): This popular pub specializes in locally sourced fare and serves their full menu until 10pm on weekdays and midnight on Friday and Saturday.
- Sir John’s Public House (343 King St. E.): Sir John’s serves up a late night menu of pub fare with a twist (haggis on your nachos, anyone?) The kitchen is usually open until midnight on weeknights and 1am on Friday and Saturday.
- Stone City Ales (275 Princess St.): Stone City has been a welcome addition since our last update. They were around then but didn’t have a menu yet. Now their delicious looking menu is available until midnight every single day.
- Tango Nuevo (331 King St.): You can groove and graze at this tapas restaurant until midnight every night.
- The Brass (403 Princess St.): Aw, The Brass, the first ygk bar I ever visited as a wee Frosh. At 10pm they begin running a late night menu that goes right until close at 2am.
- The Iron Duke (207 Wellington St.): These guys tout their local fare with a late night menu until midnight during the week and 12:30am Thurs-Sat.
- The Kingston Brewing Company (34 Clarence St.): You can get a plate of nachos with your White Tail until 10pm Sun-Wed and midnight Thurs-Sat.
- The Loyal Oarsman (724 Bath Rd.): This township restaurant serves up all your favourite pub fare until 12am Mon-Sat and 10pm on Sundays.
- The Mansion (506 Princess St.): This live music hot spot serves their full menu every night until 2am.
- The Merchant (6 Princess St.): You can always find a bite here until 12am but if it’s busy, the kitchen will keep serving up pub fare until close.
- The Pita Grill (371 Princess St.): This restaurant in the hub serves pitas and poutine until 4am Thurs-Sat.
- The Rose and Crown (2815 Princess St.): This popular British pub serves up traditional fare until 11pm Mon-Sat and 10pm on Sundays.
- The Toucan (76 Princess St.): Hard and fast rule, if you want food at The Toucan, get there by 10:30pm. The kitchen closes at 11pm but we’ve had a few experiences with things wrapping up early leaving us hungry at 10:45pm.
- Tommy’s (377 Princess St.): The hub’s newest late night addition, these guys will feed you until 11pm Mon-Wed, 10pm on Sunday and are open 24 hours on Fri and Sat! Woo hoo!
Thank to KittyKaht for today’s photo.