The Skeleton Park Community Songbook is an outstanding community arts project slash fundraising initiative, which involves collaborations featuring professional musicians and various community organizations. We here at Kingstonist have been tremendous fans of this project, while we’ve featured nearly every sheet of the songbook, in no particular order:
- David Francey & Open Voices – Torn Screen Door
- The Swamp Ward Orchestra and Rideau Public School – Je Fais La Difficile
- Jenny Whiteley, Joey Wright, Lovin’ Spoonful and the Sunnyside Community Garden – Hallelujah Haircut
- The Gertrudes – Kings Town
- Unconscious Encore and ReelOut – Are We There Yet?
- PS I Love You and the Sleepless Goat Choir – Facelove
- Kyra and Tully with the Grand Theatre – Love in all These Things
- Rueben deGroot with the Grad Club – Little Red Mixer
- Wilderling with the QECVI ARTS Focus Program – Kallesnik
- Shane Dunne with The Irish Folk Club – I’ll Tell Me Ma
Today, we’re taking the opportunity to feature the second last contributions from Kingston’s own Sheesham and Lotus, who perform Up the Wooden Hills, with a little help from the CFB Vimy Band. Hit play below and enjoy!