CFRC, Queen’s University’s Radio Station, is celebrating its 90th anniversary. Volunteers from the station are pictured above in 1972. Although wireless transmission made its debut on campus as early as 1902, it was not until after the First World War that a proper broadcast signal was established to air sports events. Canada’s Famous Rugby Champions – CFRC – made it’s debut with a play-by-play of a Queen’s-McGill football game on October 27, 1923. In 1957, a formal student radio club was established, which remained in place until 1990, when the station restructured into a club made up of students, faculty, staff, alumni and the community at large.