George Richardson Memorial Stadium, 1920

George Richardson Memorial Stadium, Queen's University, Kingston, OntarioThe spot once occupied by George Richardson Memorial Stadium has undergone many changes over the past decades. The stadium above was built in 1920, a gift from James Armstrong Richardson (Queen’s Chancellor from 1929 to 1939) in memory of his brother, George Taylor Richardson, who was killed in France during the First World War. A new stadium was erected in its current location on West Campus in 1971 to make way for Mackintosh-Corry Hall, Tindall Field and a parking lot. This, of course, was restructured a number of years ago to add underground parking and an artificial turf field, and the new Richardson Stadium updated in time for the start of the 2016 football season.

0 Shares

Leave a Reply