In 1936, Queen’s and the Kingston Whig-Standard formed a business partnership to make CFRC a commercial station. It was during this period of collaboration that Queen’s Radio began their commitment to broadcasting local singers, instrumentalists, bands, speakers and hosted talent contests for Kingston residents – it even featured two sisters who tap-danced in the studio. While the collaboration between Queen’s and the Whig only continued for 6 years, CFRC’s commitment to the Kingston community has lasted. This week is CRFC’s annual funding drive; make a donation to support great community radio on the oldest surviving campus radio station in Canada.
- Tett Centre Celebrates First Birthday
- #ygkChallenge: Plan a Local Family Day