The Bajus Brewery
In observance of the opening of Kingston’s newest brewery, Stone City Ales, the picture above is of one of Kingston’s oldest former breweries. The Bajus Brewery (formerly the Kingston Brewery and Robbins Brewery) has occupied the location between Rideau and Wellington since at least 1797 and perhaps as early as 1794. The current structure that remains may not date exactly from that time as there were various additions and subtractions to the property over the many years it operated. Until the mid-1800’s Rideau Street was known as Brewery Street in recognition of the longstanding industry of the area.