What happens when you set out to capture truly unique collaborations involving local community groups and professional musicians? The Skeleton Park Community Songbook of course! Over the past year and a bit, Kingstonist has featured pretty much each and every tune that’s been added as a part of this outstanding community arts project slash fundraising initiative, including:
- David Francey & Open Voices – Torn Screen Door
- The Swamp Ward Orchestra and Rideau Public School – Je Fais La Difficile
- Jenny Whiteley, Joey Wright, Lovin’ Spoonful and the Sunnyside Community Garden – Hallelujah Haircut
- The Gertrudes – Kings Town
- Unconscious Encore and ReelOut – Are We There Yet?
- PS I Love You and the Sleepless Goat Choir – Facelove
- Kyra and Tully with the Grand Theatre – Love in all These Things
- Rueben deGroot with the Grad Club – Little Red Mixer
- Wilderling with the QECVI ARTS Focus Program – Kallesnik
With the final additions to the Skeleton Park Community Songbook yet to come, today we’re taking the time to catch up with an older addition we mistakenly overlooked. Just in time for St. Patrick’s Day later this week, we hope you’ll enjoy Shane Dunne with The Irish Folk Club performing “I’ll Tell Me Ma”.